GlassFish v3 requires a JDK 1.6 and not a JRE. Please add/select the correct JDK in the Server properties 'Runtime Environment' section.
Then I do research for this problem I find because I am using a new computer so I forgot to install JDK on my computer then I fix the problem by:
- grab just the jdk fromhttp://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
- This is where the error message kinda foobars ya...
- Get eclipse started, ignore the message.
- Go to Window>Preferences
- Then under +Java+Installed JREs hit Add.
- Select 'Standard VM' then Next
- JRE Home = C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.XXXX the rest should fill in automagically. Hit Finish.
- MOST IMPORTANT!!! Click the check box back in the Preferences Window for the new jdk runtime...I don't know why it's necessary, but it definitely is..